Download our Hong Kong Company Incorporation Application Form and return the necessary info including the following copies to us by email:
- Proposed company name, either in English or Chinese or both
- Copy of passport and address of the shareholders, if they are not Hong Kong Residents
- Copy of passport and address of the directors, if they are not Hong Kong Residents
- Registered address of the company (If unavailable, we can prepare it for you)
- Copy of the ID card of the company's legal secretary
In case the part of legal secretary is taken by a company, the copy of certificate of incorporation and business registration certificate shall be provided (if a secretary is unavailable, we can prepare it for you).
Documents and Information
After confirmation of availability of your company name, we shall prepare all the documents for incorporating your company, including the Memorandum and Articles of Association, appointment of first directors and company secretary, notice of registered office and application for the business registration certificate. The incorporation documents will be send to you for signature. After we have received the returned, the following documents for the Companies Registry together with the appropriate fees for the application of the Certificate of Incorporation will be filed: Memorandum and Articles of Association of the company
- A Statutory Declaration of Compliance
- Amount of Share Capital, both authorised and issued
- Receive of the Certificate of Incorporation from Companies Registry.
The following documents will be filed:
- Notification of Appointment of First Directors and Company Secretary
- Letter of Appointment of First Directors
- Consent to Act as Director
- Notification of Situation of Registered Office
Apply for Business Registration Certificate with the appropriate fees. In accordance with Company Ordinances, a company incorporated in Hong Kong must apply to the Inland Revenue for a Business Registration Certificate within one month after its incorporation.
Documents to be Received after Registration
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Business Registration License
- 20 sets of Memorandum and Articles of Association (M & A)
- A book of Share Certificate (20 pages)
- A statutory book
- A company seal
- A pre-ink chop for authorize signature and a small circle chop
- A set of Certified True Copies for all set up documents
- A minute for opening bank account
Type of Company for International Trade and Investment
Private Company limited by Shares.
Procedure to Incorporate
Submission of Memorandum and Articles of Association and a Declaration of Compliance. A Notice of Situation of Registered Office is also required to be filed within fourteen days of the date of incorporation.
Language of Legislation and Corporate Documents
Chinese or English can be used in the corporate documents.
A Registered Office must be maintained in Hong Kong where the correspondence from Hong Kong Government can be served.
Authorised and Issued Share Capital
The standard authorised share capital is HK$10,000. The minimum issued capital is two shares of HK$1 each.
The Business Registration Fee is payable within a month after incorporation and then annually.
Every year an annual return must be filed with the Registrar of Companies showing changes in:
- Share Capital
- Name and address of each shareholder and every person who ceased to be a shareholder the year
- No financial statements need be attached
- Shareholder information is restricted only to the registered shareholders - ultimate beneficial owners are not disclosed if using our nominee shareholder service.
Considerations for Foreigners
Foreigners who wish to register an offshore limited liability company in Hong Kong, must take into consideration the following points: - Foreigners are free to be the sole directors and shareholders of a Hong Kong company. There are no local resident requirements; - Although their is no requirement to be physically present at the time of company registration, physical presence may be required for the purpose of opening a bank account, depending on the bank chosen; Foreigners who do not plan to relocate to Hong Kong are free to operate their Hong Kong offshore company from overseas. They can travel to Hong Kong on a visitor visa as and when required. Frequent travelers may wish to apply for HKSAR Travel Pass; - Foreigners who plan to relocate to Hong Kong to operate their offshore Hong Kong company are required to obtain an appropriate relocation visa type. For more details, see Hong Kong Visa Types guide. Validity: The Travel Pass is valid for
3 years and allows for multiple entries to Hong Kong for a stay of 2 months on visitor condition for each trip. Quota System: No. Each application is considered based on its own merit.
For more details about this topic, please feel free to contact our professionals
Email or call our Specialdesk (+852) 2671 2138
|Hong Kong Limited|
|Hong Kong Offshore|